Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Kids' Trip to the Children's Museum

Hello Rat Ox Ram Dog Fans,

Lots has happened since our last post. Chinese New Year started on February 7th. It is a 15 day festival, ending in the lantern festival. In China, the entire country goes on vacation for Chinese New Year, traveling to be with family. It is the year of the Rat. T is a rat.

We celebrated by going to dinner at a Chinese restaurant with others from the group Families with Children From China (FCC). We had a very nice time. The group was larger than last year CNY dinner. T and I always felt a bit funny attending FCC events with no child from China (even though waiting families are always welcomed). But now, we have Mr. Z, so we are certified (in more ways than one!)

Last week I took the kids to the children's museum downtown. We met my friend Cr there with her two kids, K and P. E is about 9 months older than K. And Z is about 8 months older than P.

It was my first time in a public place with both kids, where Z could really run around and I had to worry about keeping one set of eyes on two kids that run in different directions. I was a bit worried. Luckily, the museum was relatively empty, so it wasn't too hard. It turns out that Z doesn't like to wander too far away, so that made it a bit easier than I anticipated.

Here are some of the activites we did at the museum: shopping in the grocery store....

Milking a pretend cow....


Drawing kitty cat faces on our faces with grease pencils....


Enjoying our friends....